The second round of blind auditions on The Voice lands on Saturday night. Here (in no particular order) are ten things to watch out for.
1. Ricky Wilson got off to a fast start last week, filling three of the 12 places on his team. This week, one of the coaches will also forge ahead, adding three members to their team. But who?
2. There are two duos this week, one of them featuring identical mirror twins.
3. You wait four years for a singing bricklayer from Birmingham (no, just me?) then two come along at once.
4. Two of this week’s contestants have links with Sir Tom Jones and presenter (and former JLS member) Marvin Humes.
5. Remember Pop Idol‘s Gareth Gates, who was able to sing smoothly despite having a serious stutter? A contestant this week is similarly able to perform despite having Tourette’s syndrome.
6. Metaphor alert! This week Will.i.am is talking about enchiladas. Seriously. He must be hungry.
7. Sam Smith is very much the artist of the moment, as one of his songs features for the second week running.
8. Two weeks in, and finally we get our first mash-up of the season as one contestant chooses to combine songs from two very different artists.
9. Will’s back to his old tricks again, taking a selfie with one contestant and following them on Twitter.
10. And finally, one of the coaches reveals that they have never drunk tea.