It’s the third round of blind auditions on The Voice tomorrow (Saturday) night. Here are 12 things to watch out for.
1. The studio in Manchester is invaded by the Welsh this week, with no fewer than three contestants from the land of Sir Tom Jones.
2. Three of this week’s contestants have links to the coaches. One singer’s grandfather appeared in a Kaiser Chiefs video, while another’s mother broke her ankle at a Tom Jones concert. But they are both trumped by a contestant who is recognised by two of the coaches and has previously met one of them.
3. One singer performs with a band who have had three previous UK top ten singles.
4. This week sees another pair of twins. However, unlike Classical Reflection last week, they are male, non-identical and audition separately.
5. One contestant cites the Spice Girls’ Mama as one of their inspirations for getting into music. It takes all sorts, I suppose.
6. This week’s oldest contestant is exactly three times the age of the youngest auditionee.
7. After doing Orville the Duck last week, Ricky Wilson shows off another animal impersonation.
8. Rita Ora tells one contestant, “You have extreme sex appeal in your voice” and another, “We will make so much beautiful music together.” But will either of them end up on her team?
9. In this week’s instalment of Will.i.am‘s Wacky Metaphors, he talks about the difference between a cake and a pancake. And lasers. As you do.
10. Two of the coaches form an impromptu dance duo.
11. This week sees our second mash-up of the season, as one contestant pairs songs by the unlikely combination of Taylor Swift and Fall Out Boy.
12. One of the coaches is in a picky mood – out of 11 contestants, they turn just three times.