Saturday evening sees the fifth round of blind auditions on The Voice. Here are 12 things to watch out for.
1. Last year brought us the show’s first two contestants in their 60s: Teresa Vasiliou and Liz Oki, who were both 61 when they appeared in the final blind auditions show. This week brings us the first ever entrant who is in their 70s.
2. By contrast, there are no fewer than five teenagers this week.
3. Two performers have sung with bands who have had singles that have reached number two in the UK charts.
4. One contestant takes to the stage in bare feet, in the style of former Eurovision Song Contest winner Sandie Shaw.
5. One of the coaches shows off their physical prowess by performing push-ups on stage.
6. Two auditionees choose songs featuring the vocal talents of Nicki Minaj.
7. One of this week’s songs was originally performed by an Oscar-winning singer and former US reality TV show contestant.
8. One contestant was once homeless for a couple of months, while another has lived in double-decker buses, coaches and ambulances.
9. One singer’s day-time job is working for one of the stars of The Only Way Is Essex.
10. Brands mentioned in the lyrics of songs this week include American Apparel and Cadillac.
11. One of the coaches spins a metaphor about burgers and buns. It’s not Will.
12. This week’s song choices also include tracks by artists ranging from Joss Stone and Adele to The White Stripes and Foo Fighters.