It’s the sixth set of blind auditions on The Voice on Saturday night. Here are 12 things to watch out for.
1. With only 12 spaces left to fill in the final two shows, the coaches are becoming increasingly picky about who they turn for. This week’s 12 singers receive a total of just 11 turns, with only two attracting more than one coach.
2. This week’s claims to fame: one auditionee once performed with Blue’s Duncan James on Top of the Pops, another reveals they are being followed on Twitter by Peter Andre, while a third is the brother of a BAFTA and Laurence Olivier Award-winning actress.
3. Ironically for a show called The Voice, one contestant loses their voice during their performance, while another once lost their voice for six months after a near-fatal car accident.
4. Two more duos perform this week – but no twins.
5. One of the contestants performs an aria from Puccini’s Turandot, which viewers of a certain age will forever associate with the football World Cup.
6. An unsuccessful entrant from last year returns to try their luck a second time.
7. Rita Ora is convinced she has met one contestant before at a community centre.
8. The coaches sing Happy Birthday to a contestant who is auditioning on his 21st birthday.
9. One of the coaches tells an unsuccessful contestant that, “You’re incredible and we’re a load of schmucks.”
10. This week’s instalment of Will.i.am‘s Weird and Wonderful Metaphors includes references to stingrays and sandwiches.
11. Tracks from screen and stage this week: songs from Grease and the film Once.
12. Other songs chosen this week include ones by Johnny Cash, Ella Eyre, David Guetta and ‘N Sync.