It’s the final blind auditions show on The Voice this Saturday. Here are 12 things to watch out for.
1. There are 14 contestants vying for the final six places on the coaches’ teams – two each for Rita Ora and Tom Jones, one apiece for Will.i.am and Ricky Wilson.
2. Call the midwife! And other real-life jobs of this weeks’ contestants include a singing waiter, a fairy princess, a toilet roll sales rep and a male singer who regularly performs as Tina Turner. Yes, really.
3. One auditionee lost both his short and long-term memory after contracting a brain infection.
4. This week’s claim to fame comes from a contestant who is both Pixie Lott’s best friend and the niece of Olympic gold medal-winning hurdler Sally Gunnell.
5. One performer endured a 600-mile trip to get to their audition, including a 14-hour boat trip. No, it’s not Seasick Steve.
6. A contestant compares one of the coaches to a well-known child’s toy who features in one of the Toy Story films.
7. One of the coaches gives thanks for the fact that their breasts are small and humble. No, not Rita.
8. One performer chooses a song written by Prince but more closely associated with a different artist, whose version features Steve Wonder on harmonica.
9. One of the tracks chosen this week is a former UK number one single featuring vocals by season one semi-finalist Becky Hill.
10. Watch out for two unusual versions of tracks by Australian female singers: a swing version of an Iggy Azalea hit and an operatic version of a song by Sia.
11. The final song performed in the blind auditions is one that was offered to but never recorded by both Cliff Richard and Donna Summer before it was eventually released, going to number one in the US and winning three Grammy Awards. Oops.
12. Who will end up being the last coach to complete their team? In each of the previous three years, that distinction has fallen to Will.i.am.